Paleo Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
|Paleo Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting|
1. 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2. 1 8- oz. can crushed pineapple in juice drained
3. 1 1/2 cup grated carrots
4. 1 1/2 cups almond flour
5. 2 tablespoon coconut flour
6. 2 tablespoon tapioca flour
7. 2 large eggs
8. 1/2 cup coconut sugar
9. 1/3 cup refined coconut oil melted
10. 1 teaspoon baking soda
11. pinch salt
12. 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
13. 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
14. 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Cream Cheese Frosting
1. 8 ounces cream cheese or dairy-free cream cheese softened, see Note 1
2. 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
3. 1/4 cup refined coconut oil softened
4. 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
5. pinch ground ginger
1. Preheat oven to 350º F. Line a muffin tin with 12 paper liners, preferably parchment paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Stir in coconut sugar, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Stir together until well combined. Add in drained crushed pineapple, carrots, and dry ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ginger. Whisk well until well combined and smooth, then fold in chopped pecans.
3. Portion out batter into lined cupcake tin, filling each completely full. Recipe will make approximately 11-12 cupcakes. Bake on the middle rack for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes, then remove cupcakes from the tin and let fully cool on a wire rack.
4. In the meantime, make your cream cheese frosting. Combine softened cream cheese, maple syrup, softened coconut oil, vanilla extract, and ground ginger in a medium bowl. Beat with a stand or handheld mixer until completely smooth. Set aside.
5. When cupcakes are completely cool, frost with an offset spatula or butter knife. You can also pipe a swirl onto the top of the cupcake then smooth with a spatula or butter knife. Garnish with a sprinkle of finely chopped pecans, if desired.