Garlic Butter Chicken Thighs and Rice Recipe
|Garlic Butter Chicken Thighs and Rice Recipe|
1. 4 large cloves garlic, minced
2. 1-1/2 cups long grain white rice
3. 1-1/2 cups low-sodium, fat free chicken broth
4. 1-1/2 cups hot water
5. 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian Seasoning
6. 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
7. chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
8. 6 skinless, bone-in chicken thighs
9. 1 teaspoon paprika
10.1 teaspoon dried thyme, or any other dried herbs of your choice
11.1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
12.salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
13.4 tablespoons butter
14.1 yellow onion, diced
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Season chicken thighs with paprika, dried thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper; set aside.
3. Add butter to a large oven-safe skillet and melt over medium heat.
4. Stir in diced onions and garlic; cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, or until garlic is lightly browned, stirring VERY frequently. DO NOT burn the garlic.
5. Stir in rice; stir constantly for 30 seconds.
6. Place prepared chicken pieces over rice, and add the chicken broth and water.
7. Season with Italian Seasoning and oregano, and bring to a boil. (You can also add more salt and pepper at this point, if desired.)
8. Cover skillet with a lid or aluminum foil and transfer to preheated oven; bake for 30 minutes.
9. Remove lid or foil and continue to bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
10.Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes.
11.Remove chicken from the pan and fluff up the rice with a fork.
12. Garnish with parsley and serve.